Available on Request
Dr. Revathi Raj is one of the best paediatric haematologists in Chennai with more than two decades of experience in her field. Some of the services she provides are Eosinophilia Treatment, Bone Marrow Transplant, Stem Cell Transplantation, Chelation Therapy and Blood Transfusion. Her special interests include Haematology and adult medicine, Sickle-cell disease, Haemophilia, etc. Her interest in paediatrics arose from her experience in this discipline while still a medical student and the fact that she has always loved working with children. She says that she has always been fascinated with haematology which combines clinical and laboratory skills.
Dr. Revathi has been practising as a consultant at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai since 2002 and has been offering Paediatric leukaemia/lymphoma service with one of the best outcomes in India (over 80% cure rates). She is also actively involved in running the Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation unit of the hospital. The doctor has also been involved in conducting hospital CME meetings and nurse training programmes for chemotherapy administration and oncology care. She has made numerous presentations at local meetings on anaemia, bleeding diathesis and bone marrow transplantation.
The doctor also runs the Fanconi Anaemia Registry for India (REFAIN) which helps collect data on children with Fanconi anaemia and provides supportive care. She is the program director for the Fellowship programme conducted by the National Boards in Paediatric Haematology/Oncology for training young doctors in this field.
1. Consultant Paediatric Haematologist at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (24/4/2002- till date)
2. Honorary Consultant at The Voluntary Health Services, Chennai ( 10/2006- till date)
1. Registrar in Haematology at National Blood Service, Birmingham (1/10/2001 to 30/11/2001)
2. Registrar in Haematology at Children's Hospital, Birmingham (1/10/1998 to 30/9/2001)
3. Registrar in Haematology at Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham (1/10/1997 to 30/9/1998)
4. Registrar in Haematology at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham (1/4/1997 to 30/9/1997)
5. Registrar in Haematology at Worcester Royal Infirmary, England (9/5/1996 to 31/3/1997)
6. Registrar in PICU Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, England (1/8/95 to 6/2/96)
7. Senior House Officer (Neonatology) in Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport (1/2/95 to 31/7/95)
8. Senior Senior House Officer ( Paediatrics) in Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil (1/8/94 to 31/1/95)
9. Senior House Officer ( Internal Medicine) in Government General Hospital, Madras (1/11/93 to 31/1/94)
10. Senior House Officer in Institute of Child Health and Hospital Paediatrics for Children, Madras (1/5/93 to 31/10/93)
11. Postgraduate in Paediatrics at Institute of Child Health and Hospital (D.C.H.) for Children, Madras (1/6/92 to 30/4/93)
12. Senior House Officer (Internal Medicine) in Government General Hospital, Madras (1/2/92 to 30/4/92)
13. Senior House Officer in Institute of Child Health and Hospital Paediatrics for Children, Madras (1/2/91 to 31/1/92)
14. House Officer in Medicine (Surgery and Obs and Gynae) at Government General Hospital, Madras (20/1/09 to 19/1/9)
15. WEST MIDLANDS REGIONAL REGISTRAR ROTATION IN HAEMATOLOGY at Worcester Royal Infirmary (08/1996 to 03/1997)
16. Queen Elizabeth Hospital (04/ 1997 to 09/1997)
17. Birmingham Heartlands Hospital (October 1997 to September 1998)
18. Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (24/4/2002- till date)
19. Advanced Paediatric Life Support Course, Bristol ( 11/1995)
20. Clinical Audit in Pathology University Hospital, Birmingham ( 07/1997)
21. Morphology Course at Dr.Bain St.Mary's, London ( 03/1998)
22. Blood Transfusion Course at Brentwood ( 10/1998)
23. European Haematology Association Meeting at Birmingham (06/2000)
How can I take an appointment with Dr Revathi Raj ?
To book an online appointment with Dr Revathi Raj, you can visit the app/website of Apollo 24/7, search for Dr Revathi Raj name, and click on the ‘Consult’ button. Once you make the payment and confirm the consultation, your online appointment will be booked for the chosen appointment time.
Where does Dr Revathi Raj practice?
Dr Revathi Raj offers online consultations on our web platform Apollo 24/7 and Apollo 24/7 App. Also, available for physical consultations at the following locations: Apollo Children Hospitals Greams Road,Chennai
What is the educational qualification of Dr Revathi Raj ?
Dr Revathi Raj is a Paediatric Haematologist with over 21 Yrs. years of experience and has the following qualifications -MBBS, DCH, PLAB, MRCP, FRCPath
What languages can Dr Revathi Raj speak?
Dr Revathi Raj can speak English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil.