Vital organs like the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, and pancreas are essential for human survival, and their proper functioning is crucial for overall health and well-being.
The Vital Organs tests and packages offered by medical laboratories are designed to assess the health of these organs and detect any potential problems early on. These tests and packages usually involve a combination of blood tests, imaging tests, and physical examinations to evaluate the function and structure of vital organs. They can help detect conditions like heart, liver, kidney, and respiratory problems before they become severe and lead to complications.
Tests Included in Vital Organs Tests and Packages
Apollo 24/7 offers a range of vital organs tests and packages to help you monitor the health of these important organs and detect any potential problems early on. These packages are tailored to meet the specific needs of different individuals based on their age, gender, and medical history.
By providing timely and accurate diagnoses, Apollo 24/7 aims to help you maintain your overall health and well-being and prevent serious health complications. Some common vital organs tests and packages include:
- Lipid Profile: The lipid profile is a group of tests done to measure the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. This test can help assess the risk of developing heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular conditions.
- Dengue NS1 Antigen - ELISA (Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay): The dengue NS1 antigen - ELISA test helps to detect the dengue virus in the blood. It examines the presence of the dengue NS1 antigen, a protein produced by the dengue virus.
- HIV Rapid: This test is also known as the rapid HIV antibody test and helps to detect HIV infection in the blood.
- Typhidot - IgM: The typhidot - IgM test is done to detect the presence or absence of antibodies against Salmonella typhi, which is responsible for causing typhoid fever.
- Growth Hormone (GH) - Serum: The GH serum is a blood test that checks if your body is making a normal amount of GH, which is a substance that controls your body's growth. It also helps regulate metabolism and how your body uses food and energy.
- HbA1c, Glycated Haemoglobin: This test, also known as glycated haemoglobin, measures your average blood sugar level over the past 90 days. The HbA1c blood test is conducted to know whether a person is prediabetic or prone to diabetes.
- Renal Profile/Renal Function Test (RFT/KFT): A renal (kidney) panel test is a group of tests that help determine the kidneys' health by evaluating various parameters such as proteins, electrolytes, and minerals.
- Thyroid Profile (Total T3, Total T4, TSH): It is a comprehensive set of tests that assesses the increase or decrease in the production of hormones by the thyroid gland. It examines thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and ultrasensitive TSH that helps in understanding the functioning of the gland.
- HLA B27 - PCR: It stands for human leukocyte antigen B27. This test is done in case of symptoms of arthritis, autoimmune diseases, inflammation, chronic pain, and degenerative bone changes (seen on X-ray).
- Apollo Full Body Checkup (Essential): This is a comprehensive test package that includes tests for haemoglobin, total blood count, liver function, kidney function, lipid profile, thyroid function, fasting blood sugar, and urine analysis. These tests evaluate overall health and assess the risk of developing various health conditions.
Why Vital Organs Tests and Packages May Be Necessary for You?
The vital organs tests and packages are essential for detecting and diagnosing problems with the major organs in the body, such as the heart, liver, kidneys, and lungs. These organs play a crucial role in maintaining the body's overall health and function, and problems with them can lead to severe and potentially life-threatening conditions. These tests can help identify problems like heart disease, liver or kidney dysfunction, and respiratory issues.
Regular screening and monitoring of vital organs are crucial for individuals with a family history of organ disease or those with risk factors like obesity, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol levels. Further, early detection of organ problems is crucial as it can help to prevent further damage, improve the chances of successful treatment and recovery, and ultimately improve the quality of life for individuals with organ problems.