Consult Obstetricians & Gynaecologists Online
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist19 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
You pay ₹ 700
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
English, Hindi, Marathi
Nulife multispeciality, Dombivali East
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist8 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
You pay ₹ 800
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
THE DOCTORS NESST, Delhi
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist38 YRS Exp.
Starts at ₹ 300
English, Telugu, Hindi, Urdu
Sri Shivshakti Nilayam, Krishna district
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist5 YRS Exp.
M.B.B.S ,MD (Obg & Gyn)
You pay ₹ 500
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
Apollo Clinic, Velachery, Chennai
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist25 YRS Exp.
You pay ₹ 600
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
English, Hindi, Telugu
Apollo Hospitals Health City Unit, Visakhapatnam
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist9 YRS Exp.
Starts at ₹ 500
English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada
EIR Clinic, Hyderabad
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist37 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD(Obstetrics & Gynaecology), DGO
You pay ₹ 900
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam
Chaitanya Healthcare, Bengaluru
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist30 YRS Exp.
Starts at ₹ 300
English, Hindi, Telugu
Sri Sai Clinic, Hyderabad
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Gynaecology and obstetrics are the two major medical specialities that focus on the female reproductive system. Obstetrics deals with the well-being of pregnant women, their related procedure and complications, while gynaecology treats women who are not pregnant.
Obstetrics is a specific branch of medicine associated with surgical and medical care before, during, and after delivery. Obstetrics mainly focus on taking care and maintaining the overall health of women during maternity.
This includes the following:
OB-GYNs may conduct office visits, perform surgeries, and assist with labour and delivery. Some OB-GYNs offer services through private or solo practices. This specific branch of medicine involves screening and treating medical issues related to women’s breasts. Gynaecology represents the comprehensive reproductive care a woman receives during her lifetime.
What is Meant by Obstetricians & Gynaecologists Speciality?
The term OB-GYN refers to doctors who deal with both obstetrics and gynaecology.
An obstetrician-gynaecologist (OB-GYN) has expertise in women’s reproductive health, childbirth, and pregnancy. A wide range of general health services and other preventative screenings are provided by some OB-GYNs, while others focus on the medical care of women’s reproductive health.
When Should You Consult Obstetricians and Gynaecologists?
Consult an ob-gyn specialist if you are experiencing symptoms such as menstrual irregularities, painful cramps, vaginal itching, urine abnormalities, yeast infections and more. Healthy women are recommended to undergo a yearly protective checkup even if they do not experience any reproductive health issues. During your visits, the doctor may conduct basic immunisations, evaluations, or laboratory tests for diseases. Your age group helps doctors examine which tests to perform.
Roles and Responsibilities of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Gynaecologists and obstetricians use a wide range of medical and surgical procedures. The gynaecological process includes the following steps:
- Laparoscopy: detection and removal of infections and cysts from the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Cone biopsies: removal of all unhealthy cells from the cervix to prevent cervical cancer.
- Hysterectomy: removal of the uterus.
- Gynaecologists involve smear testing programs designed to diagnose cervical cancer and are available on the NHS for women above 25 years of age.
- The obstetric process involves the following steps.
- Caesarean section (C-section): surgical excision of a baby from the womb to avoid labour complications.
- Cervical sutures: use of tape to strengthen the cervix of a woman to prevent miscarriages.
Obstetricians also test foetuses for disorders such as Down syndrome using ultrasound and other techniques such as chorionic villus sampling. Obstetricians and gynaecologists work closely with nurses, midwives, and other medical specialists. Medical specialists, such as endocrinologists, deal with hormone production, and urologists treat all bladder problems.
What Conditions do Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Treat?
OB-GYNs check and treat a wide range of medical conditions, and health, age and reproductive goals are some of the factors.
The conditions that obstetricians and gynaecologists treat are as follows:
- Infertility and pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Breast disorders
- Abnormal bleeding
- Hormonal disorders and genital itching
- Vaginal infections or urinary tract
Types of Processes Followed by Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Obstetricians and gynaecologists both deal with the overall well-being of women, whereas obstetricians mainly deal with pregnant women.
Some functions and procedures obstetricians and gynaecologists perform include:
- Natural delivery: Obstetricians work very closely with midwives and nurses to manage and assist in the smooth process of natural delivery.
- Simplified delivery by performing an episiotomy, which includes allocating strategic cuts over the perineum of pregnant women to expand the birth canal.
- Prolonged labour may require help to speed up the procedure to reduce fetal distress and maternal fatigue. Vacuum-assisted delivery and forceps delivery are the two techniques followed.
- C-sections or caesarean sections need surgical removal of a baby from the mother’s womb to curtail labour complications. These labour complications may cause damage to the newborn unless delivery is accelerated with a caesarean section.
- Appropriate detection and treatment of ectopic pregnancy are important because it appears when the compost ovum is embedded in a different place other than the womb. Generally, it is implanted in fallopian tubes.
- There is a major risk of rupture of a fallopian tube as the foetus grows, and can be life-threatening. Obstetricians diagnose and remove such pregnancies before they can cause harm.
Where to Find Obstetricians and Gynaecologists?
If you cannot find any OB-GYN, you can consult the best obstetricians and gynaecologists online using the Apollo 24|7 app or website.
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Bengaluru
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Hyderabad
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Chennai
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Delhi
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Kolkata
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Mumbai
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Pune
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Gurugram
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Noida
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Ghaziabad
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Kanchipuram
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Guwahati
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Ahmedabad
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Tiruvallur
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Visakhapatnam
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Gautam Buddha Nagar
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Lucknow
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Mysore
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in North 24 Parganas
- •Best Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in Amritsar
- •Top Doctors in Hyderabad
- •Top Doctors in Bengaluru
- •Top Doctors in Chennai
- •Top Doctors in Kolkata
- •Top Doctors in Delhi
- •Top Doctors in Bangalore
- •Top Doctors in Mumbai
- •Top Doctors in Pune
- •Top Doctors in Ahmedabad
- •Top Doctors in Visakhapatnam
- •Top Doctors in Gurugram
- •Top Doctors in Lucknow
- •Top Doctors in Ghaziabad
- •Top Doctors in Tiruvallur
- •Top Doctors in Guwahati
- •Top Doctors in Noida
- •Top Doctors in Madurai
- •Top Doctors in North 24 Parganas
- •Top Doctors in Mysore
- •Top Doctors in Bhubaneswar
- •Doctors for 1st Trimester Scan
- •Doctors for 2nd Trimester Anamoly Scan
- •Doctors for 3rd Trimester Scan
- •Doctors for CT Scan Abdomen
- •Doctors for CT Scan Abdomen Tripasic
- •Doctors for CT Scan Brain
- •Doctors for CT Scan Chest
- •Doctors for CT Scan Contrast
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Anglo: Renal/Brain/Neck
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Bronchoscopy
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Guided Biopsy
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Urography
- •Doctors for CT Scan HRCT Thorax
- •Doctors for CT Scan Joint 3D
- •Doctors for CT Scan Joint: Knee/Shoulder/Wrist - R/L
- •Doctors for CT Scan Neck
- •Doctors for CT Scan Orbit
- •Doctors for CT Scan Pelvis
- •Doctors for CT Scan PNS
- •Doctors for C-section
- •Treatment for Acne In Periods
- •Treatment for Adenomyosis
- •Treatment for Adolescence To Menopause Care
- •Treatment for Acute Diarrhea Treatment
- •Treatment for Adenomyosis Treatment
- •Treatment for Copd
- •Treatment for Violent Behavior
- •Treatment for Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- •Treatment for Abdominal Pain
- •Treatment for Abdominal Pain Treatment
- •Treatment for Abnormal Behavior
- •Treatment for acne
- •Treatment for Advance Parkinson S Disease Treatment
- •Treatment for Allergic Diseases Treatment
- •Treatment for Allergic Reaction
- •Treatment for Allergic Rhinitis
- •Treatment for Allergy Immunotherapy
- •Treatment for Allergy testing and immunotherapy
- •Treatment for Allergy Treatment
- •Treatment for Amenorrhea
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Gynaecologists?
Gynaecologists are doctors who specialize in women’s health, with a focus on the female reproductive system. Menstrual problems, contraception, sexuality, menopause and infertility issues are diagnosed and treated by a gynaecologist. Most gynaecologists also provide prenatal care while some provide primary care.
What do gynaecologists do?
Gynaecologists treat women with conditions related to their reproductive organs (vagina, ovaries, uterus). They also perform a variety of tests and examinations to diagnose disorders of the female reproductive system. Gynaecologists also conduct the standard yearly examination on adult women to ensure their reproductive health. During this exam, the doctor will physically examine the woman, perform a pap smear, perform STD tests, complete a breast exam, and monitor the woman's use of birth control. Some gynaecologists are also certified as obstetricians which means that they monitor the health of the mother and the fetus during a pregnancy.
How to consult a gynaecologist online?
To consult a gynaecologist online, click on the ‘Online Doctor Consultation’ section on the Apollo 24/7 app or website. Then type ‘Gynaceologist’ in the search bar to find a list of gynaecologists, along with their consultation timings. Choose one that suits your requirements and click on the ‘Consult’ button to book an appointment with a gynaecologist.
Does a gynaecologist treat all kinds of women’s reproductive health problems?
Yes. Gynaecologists treat almost all kinds of health problems related to the female reproductive system, including cancers or congenital abnormalities. Some of the conditions that gynaecologists treat are issues related to menstruation, pregnancy, fertility, and menopause, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, urinary and fecal incontinence, sexual dysfunction, etc. Gynaecologists also perform minor surgeries on women's reproductive organs, such as tube tying, laparoscopy, etc.
When should I consult a Gynaecologists?
You should visit a gynaecologist if you have any questions or concerns regarding the female reproductive system. This includes breasts, uterus, ovaries and vulva. It can also include some urological or gastrointestinal symptoms. You can also visit a gynaecologist for any menstrual, pregnancy, fertility or contraception questions or issues or have any sexual health concerns and if you are seeking a preventive health exam and age-appropriate screenings.
What do we call a gynaecologist in simple words?
A gynaecologist may simply be called a ‘Women’s health specialist’ as they are skilled in the treatment of women's diseases, especially those of the reproductive organs.
Can I consult with gynaecologists anytime?
Yes, on Apollo 24/7, you can consult a gynaecologist anytime. Our gynaecologists are available round-the-clock for online consultations. Just pick your preferred slot and book a consultation.
How do I choose the best gynaecologists of India?
Apollo 24/7 has the best gynaecologists in India who are available round-the-clock to offer you an online consultation. All our doctors are highly-qualified and experienced to ensure that all your healthcare needs are taken care of.
Is video consultation available with all gynaecologists doctors?
Yes, all gynaecologists on the 24/7 platform offer video call consultations.
What is the difference between an obstetrician and gynaecologist?
The major difference between an obstetrician and a gynaecologist is that the former is concerned with pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care while the latter deals with treating ailments of the female reproductive system. However, most gynaecologists are also trained in obstetrics which is how they can deal with pregnancy and childbirth as well.
Can gynaecologists and obstetricians deal with infertility issues in women?
Yes. A gynaecologist/obstetrician specialises in the treatment of health issues in women, including infertility. He/she can assess the cause of infertility and suggest relevant treatment options. You may be referred to a specialist if needed, based on the doctor’s evaluation."
Do gynaecologists and obstetricians perform surgeries?
Yes. An obstetrician performs surgeries mainly related to child birth such as C-section. On the other hand, gynaecologists perform procedures related to the female reproductive system. Some of these procedures are hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries), tubal ligation (birth control procedure), and salpingectomy (removal of the fallopian tubes).
Should I visit a gynaecologist or an obstetrician regularly?
If you are not pregnant, visiting a gynaecologist/obstetrician at least once a year is recommended. Doing so can help you keep a check on your reproductive health. It will also help you identify serious health conditions in the initial phases.