Effective price: ₹1209
Above 10 years
Many meals benefit from the sweetness, colour, and nutritional value of carrots. They belong to the Apiaceae family of plants that also includes parsley, and are high in fibre and beta carotene. Carrots are also full of allergens that could be dangerous to those with allergies.
Their long, thin, orange storage roots, which have lacy green foliage, can be consumed raw or cooked. Cooking breaks down the allergenic proteins in carrots and reduces the damaging effect they have on the immune system.
A carrot allergy can cause anything from minor to severe symptoms. When a raw carrot slice is in the mouth, symptoms often appear. The moment the carrot is ingested or removed, the symptoms disappear. Some symptoms of a carrot allergy include:
Usually, there is no need for medical attention or medicine for these symptoms. An antihistamine may be needed if the symptoms of a carrot allergy are more severe. These signs consist of:
If you have a carrot allergy, you must carefully read the product labels and inquire about the contents of meals when dining out.
Carrots may be used in the following items:
Several items for personal hygiene contain carrots, including facial cleansers, lotions, and scrubs.
Despite the rarity of a carrot allergy, hypersensitive individuals who consume carrots or products containing carrots may develop mild to severe allergic reactions. In addition, eating raw carrots may trigger carrot allergy symptoms in someone with pollen-food allergy syndrome, also referred to as oral allergy syndrome.
Apollo 24|7 provides a comprehensive Carrot Allergy test that helps determine the underlying cause of allergy and its treatment. The test diagnoses carrot allergy by analysing Immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies. It may also help identify the allergens that trigger anaphylactic reactions or other allergy-related illnesses.
Why should Apollo be your preferred healthcare partner?
The information mentioned above is meant for educational purposes only and should not be taken as a substitute to your Physician’s advice. It is highly recommended that the customer consults with a qualified healthcare professional to interpret test results