Best Radiation Specialist Oncologists in navi mumbai
4 Radiation Specialist Oncologists found in navi mumbai
Sort By: Nearby
Radiation Specialist Oncologist8 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD. (Radiation Onco.)
You pay ₹ 1500
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
English, Hindi, Marathi
Apollo Hospitals CBD Belapur, Mumbai
Available in 30 mins
Available tomorrow at 8:30 AM
Radiation Specialist Oncologist15 YRS Exp.
You pay ₹ 1500
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
Apollo Hospitals CBD Belapur, Mumbai
Available tomorrow at 11:00 AM
Best Radiation Specialist In Navi Mumbai
Apollo Hospital CBD Belapur staffs some of the top radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai. They have a collective average experience of 13 years and hold specialised training in conducting seamless radiation therapy for cancer patients. This therapy makes use of limited usage of doses of high-energy radiation, which eliminates the cancer cells.
They are some of the best radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai with the highest recognised medical degrees, such as MBBS DMRT, DNB, and MD, from well-reputed institutions.
They work alongside medical oncologists and other surgeons to evaluate the best possible treatment for individuals with cancer. Before conducting radiation procedures, the oncologists use software to carefully chalk out where the radiation will be focused and delivered.
Moreover, they also determine which radiation therapy should be utilised. Primarily, they either use internal radiation therapy or external beam radiation therapy.
In the former therapy, the radiation specialist oncologists put liquid or solid radiation sources within the body. This radiation source is positioned near your cancer via brachytherapy. Systemic radiation, the liquid form of radiation, is given through veins or the mouth.
The latter form of therapy uses an external beam of radiation directed towards the cancer site. This treatment is beneficial to cure prostate, colon, lung, breast, and head cancers.
What are the different types of internal radiation therapy performed by radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai?
Internal radiation therapy puts the radiation inside a person's body, close to cancer cells, either in a liquid or a solid form. It helps treat small tumours in the prostate, uterus, cervix, breast, neck, and head.
There are two different forms of internal radiation therapy practised by radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai, which include:
- Systemic therapy- In this form of internal radiation therapy, a liquified radioactive material is sent through the bloodstream to search for and kill cancer cells. Some of this radioactive material is often swallowed. Other times, the material is given through an IV injection. This systemic therapy includes radioimmunotherapy, wherein a radioactive protein spots specific cancer cells, gets attached, and then emits radiation to eliminate them.
- Brachytherapy- In this form of therapy, a solid radioactive material or see is placed beside or inside a tumour. This seed exudes radiation in a small, limited area to eradicate cancer cells. Some sources may release low doses for an extended period, while others may release high amounts in a shorter period. The implants could be both temporary and permanent, but either way, the radiation comes to an end, eventually.
What are the different types of external beam radiation therapy performed by radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai?
External beam radiation therapy is one of the most common forms of radiotherapy. There are many forms of this therapy type:
- 3D conformal radiation therapy- This uses computer software and a CT scan to build a 3D model of the cancer tumour. The model is then used to guide the machines to direct their radiation beam towards the cancer site without harming the healthy tissue.
- Arc-based radiotherapy- This therapy uses direct energy beams in varying intensities in a rotational arc pattern. It's faster than a traditional intensity-modulated radiation procedure.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)- This is more advanced than other radiation therapies. It utilises radiation beams in different intensities and doses and delivers them near the tumour in the correct dosage.
- Particle therapy- It's a radiation therapy that uses protons, not photons. Sometimes, protons can usefully deliver the exact radiation dosage to the tumour without harming the healthy tissues.
- Image-guided radiotherapy: In this, a radiation machine gains a low dosage of mini-CT or X-ray scan right before each treatment. Accurate imaging helps to deliver more precise radiation at the treatment site.
- Intraoperative radiation- It’s when radiation therapy is given during the surgery. Once the tumour is surgically removed, the inter-operative radiation destroys the remaining cells of cancer that one cannot surgically extract.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: It uses high and focused radiation doses to eliminate tumours outside the brain.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery: Also known as Gamma Knife radiosurgery, this radiation form puts out a high dose of radiation to strike out all the small tumours in the brain with precision. No cutting is involved; hence the recovery time is between 1-5 days.
Why book a consultation with the best radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai via Apollo 24/7?
If you are looking out for one of the top radiation specialist oncologists in Navi Mumbai, then worry not! Apollo 24/7 allows you to make an appointment with some of the best oncologists, in-person or online, at an hour convenient to you.
Besides that, Apollo 24/7 offers several benefits that you cannot refute!
- A 2-hour express delivery of medications right to your doorstep, so you never have to go to a chemist when you're sick and tired
- At-home testing by a professional Apollo 24/7 executive who will draw out your blood sample or take a urine test at a time convenient for you
- Both online and in-person consultations, so you can choose whatever method suits you best
Frequently Asked Questions
Does online consultation available with all Radiation Specialist Oncologists in navi mumbai?
Yes, you can consult a Radiation Specialist Oncologist online here at Apollo24|7. We have an excellent team of noted Radiation Specialist Oncologists in navi mumbai . A video consultation is enough for a Radiation Specialist Oncologist help you out with your problem concerning your Treating radiation therapy to treat cancer.
How do I consult a Radiation Specialist Oncologists online from navi mumbai?
You can book an online consultation either on Apollo24|7 website or mobile app 24/7 in two ways. 1. Click 'Book Apollo Doctor Appointment' button on the website/app's homepage, select Radiation Specialist Oncologist, or type the doctor's name directly. Once you select a doctor, you can click on the 'Consult Now' button to start the online consultation. 2. You can also look for a doctor based on your symptoms; you may start by going to the website/app's homepage. Then click on the 'Symptoms Checker' tab, search for your symptoms, or select a few of them based on your health condition. Click 'Consult Doctor,' select a doctor and click on the 'Consult Now' button to start the online consultation.
How much do Radiation Specialist Oncologists in navi mumbai charge for online consultation?
The Radiation Specialist Oncologists’ charges depend on their experience; You can join Apollo Circle and avail of discount benefits on consultations, medicines, and products.
Can I consult with a Radiation Specialist Oncologist anytime in navi mumbai?
Yes, you can consult a Radiation Specialist Oncologist anytime in navi mumbai. You can either book a consultation in advance, i.e., at a specific time and date, or a few minutes before at your convenience.
- Round-the-clock doctor availability
- Broad range of Specialities
- Detailed digital prescriptions
- Order medicines & tests online
- Digitised health records
How Doctor Consultation Works
HOW TO CONSULT A DOCTOR ONLINE VIA TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO?
Choose the doctor
Book a slot
Be present in the consult room on apollo247.com at the time of consult
Receive prescriptions instantly
Follow Up via text - Valid upto 7 days
To enjoy services provided by Apollo 247 on Mobile, download our App