Best Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists in mumbai
3 Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists found in mumbai
Sort By: Nearby
Best Gastroenterologists In Mumbai
When you experience a disease that affects small intestine, stomach, oesophagus, rectum, colon, gallbladder, pancreas, liver and bile ducts, you should see a gastroenterologist. They are well trained to understand the normal functioning of gastrointestinal organs, the absorption and digestion process of nutrients, waste excretion and the liver's overall function.
Our gastroenterologist in Mumbai can help diagnose and treat medical conditions like cancer, colon polyps, gastroesophageal reflux or heartburn, hepatitis, peptic ulcer, biliary tract and gallbladder disease, colitis, pancreatitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and nutritional problems.
You can find the best gastroenterologist in Mumbai at Apollo 24|7. Apollo Hospital is home to some of the most experienced gastroenterologist in the country. They have an average work experience of 15-16 years. These specialists also possess the highest medical degrees in the field, such as MBBS, DNB, MRCP and MD. Moreover, they can converse with you in different languages like English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati. Depending on your comfort, you can book an in-person or online consultation at the chosen time slot.
What procedures does a gastroenterologist in Mumbai usually order?
If you book an appointment with the a gastroenterologist, they will likely start with a basic CT scan, X-rays, and blood tests. Other procedures that they might suggest are:
- Stool test: This will help check if your body absorbs and uses the fat well. It will also help check how your food moves in your digestive system.
- Endoscopy: In this procedure, a thin, long tube is inserted via your mouth so the gastroenterologist can get a view of your upper digestive tract. Additionally, it helps in the biopsy process. This is generally done if you have belly pain, heartburn, vomiting or other issues.
- Barium swallow: Your gastroenterologist will ask you to drink barium. It's a liquid that will highlight specific areas inside your body for a scan. It's usually done to check the function of your upper small intestine, stomach and oesophagus.
- Colonoscopy: Colonoscopy is similar to endoscopy. A tube in your bottom goes to your rectum, colon and large intestine to check for any bleeding or polyps. This procedure can help identify if you are suffering from inflammatory bowel disease or the reasons behind belly aches and blood in the stool.
- Enteroscopy: If endoscopy and colonoscopy do not work, then an enteroscopy is performed. It involves swallowing a tiny video capsule that gives a clear image of your digestive tract. It helps reveal the cause behind ulcers and bleeding, among several other things.
What is the primary focus of a gastroenterologist in Mumbai?
Gastroenterology is a specialised field of medicine that primarily revolves around the GI tract. Other major emphasis areas include:
- Pancreatic disease
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Reflux esophagitis, also known as GERD
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Endoscopic surveillance
- Besides this, they can help diagnose the following serious diseases:
- Gastroesophageal reflux or heartburn
- Colon polyps
- Peptic ulcers
- Biliary tract diseases
- Gallbladder troubles
- Nutritional issues
A gastroenterologist more or less diagnoses and treats diseases attacking your GI tract. They perform endoscopic procedures to get a clear view of the GI tract to make an informed diagnosis.
Besides that, they are hardly likely to perform any surgical procedures but can refer you to a GI surgeon.
Appointment time via Apollo 24|7!
Apollo 24|7 offers a quick and seamless procedure to book your appointment – in-person or online – with the best gastroenterologist in Mumbai. You can choose a time slot that suits you best and be present for the consult at the given time. The convenience of booking appointments with specialised doctors isn't the only good thing about Apollo 24|7. The platform offers the following benefits as well:
Quick medicine delivery
Got a prescription and needs your medicines asap? No more rushing to the pharmacy! Order your medication via Apollo 24|7 and have them delivered right at your doorsteps.
Digitised health records
After you consult with the doctor, you will receive a prescription immediately. All your health records, after each consult, will be recorded in one place on the platform. You can access it via your own account at any time.
Online test results
You can book medical tests via Apollo 24|7. Choose a convenient time slot. Get the test done at your residence and receive the test results online in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does online consultation available with all Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists in mumbai?
Yes, you can consult a Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialist online here at Apollo24|7. We have an excellent team of noted Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists in mumbai . A video consultation is enough for a Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialist help you out with your problem concerning your Managing digestive health.
How do I consult a Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists online from mumbai?
You can book an online consultation either on Apollo24|7 website or mobile app 24/7 in two ways. 1. Click 'Book Apollo Doctor Appointment' button on the website/app's homepage, select Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialist, or type the doctor's name directly. Once you select a doctor, you can click on the 'Consult Now' button to start the online consultation. 2. You can also look for a doctor based on your symptoms; you may start by going to the website/app's homepage. Then click on the 'Symptoms Checker' tab, search for your symptoms, or select a few of them based on your health condition. Click 'Consult Doctor,' select a doctor and click on the 'Consult Now' button to start the online consultation.
How much do Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists in mumbai charge for online consultation?
The Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialists’ charges depend on their experience; You can join Apollo Circle and avail of discount benefits on consultations, medicines, and products.
Can I consult with a Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialist anytime in mumbai?
Yes, you can consult a Gastroenterology/gi Medicine Specialist anytime in mumbai. You can either book a consultation in advance, i.e., at a specific time and date, or a few minutes before at your convenience.
- Round-the-clock doctor availability
- Broad range of Specialities
- Detailed digital prescriptions
- Order medicines & tests online
- Digitised health records
How Doctor Consultation Works
HOW TO CONSULT A DOCTOR ONLINE VIA TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO?
Choose the doctor
Book a slot
Be present in the consult room on apollo247.com at the time of consult
Receive prescriptions instantly
Follow Up via text - Valid upto 7 days
To enjoy services provided by Apollo 247 on Mobile, download our App