Consult Pediatricians Online - Child Specialists
Paediatrician10 YRS Exp.
You pay ₹ 700
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
ASTERS CLINIC, Kolkata
Paediatrician6 YRS Exp.
MBBS , MD (Paediatrics)
Starts at ₹ 550
English, Kannada, Hindi, Urdu
Nurture Multispeciality Clinic, Bengaluru
Paediatrician7 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD, FACI
Starts at ₹ 500
English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati
KidMed Children's Wellness Centre, Thane
Paediatrician5 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD, DCH
Starts at ₹ 600
Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi
DR. HARSHITA SHAH CLINIC, Mumbai
Paediatrician25 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics)
You pay ₹ 850
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
Trinity Clinic, Kolkata
Paediatrician7 YRS Exp.
Starts at ₹ 400
English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil
KANNIAH CHILDREN’S CLINIC, Hyderabad
Paediatrician28 YRS Exp.
MBBS, MD, DCH, PDCC
You pay ₹ 950
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali
Apollo Hospitals Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru
Paediatrician25 YRS Exp.
You pay ₹ 1200
CIRCLE MEMBER PAYS
Apollo Hospitals Indraprastha, Delhi
Who is a Paediatrician?
A paediatrician is a medical physician who specialises in treating infants, children, adolescents and young adults up to 21 years of age. Paediatric care may begin before conception and continue throughout pregnancy. A child doctor may help in diagnosing all medical conditions in children. They are also known as child specialists as they provide both medical care and preventive health services to children. They keep a check on the mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing of children at every stage of development.
What is Meant by Paediatrics?
Paediatrics is the specific branch of medicine that deals with the health and medical care of children. It is associated with the social, physical, and mental health of children. Paediatric care encloses a wide range of health services in children ranging from preventive health care to diagnosis and the treatment of chronic and acute diseases.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Paediatrician
Paediatricians are responsible for evaluating, diagnosing and treating all the psychological and physical health issues in children.
Some of their roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Determining and diagnosing psychological and physiological medical conditions of patients.
- Treating physiological and psychological health disorders and diseases.
- Specifying several treatments and medications to all the patients.
- Ordering and examining the laboratory and diagnostic procedures and tests.
- Performing and supervising surgeries.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate documentation related to patient care.
When Should You Consult a Paediatrician?
Caregivers and parents may take their child to a paediatrician for visits annually. A child specialist may keep track of the child’s physical and emotional development and inform parents about their child’s health.
If you have any queries related to your child’s health, you should consult a child specialist online.
Signs and symptoms to look out for:
- Severe headaches, ear pain, and sore throat
- Fever, illness, and drowsiness
- Vomiting, rashes, and diarrhoea
What Conditions do Paediatricians Treat?
A child specialist detects and treats a variety of medical conditions among children, which includes:
- Organ dysfunctions and diseases
- Injuries and cancer infections
- Congenital and genetic conditions
A child doctor is concerned about the development of the child’s illness and its long term effects on the quality of life. A child specialist is responsible for the prevention, early signs and proper management of health problems.
It includes the following health concerns:
- Social stresses
- Behavioural issues
- Mental disorders
- Functional disabilities
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Developmental disorders and delays
Paediatricians assist in keeping children healthy by evaluating their development and growth. They help in preventing illnesses by providing general health advice and giving vaccinations as and when required. A child specialist treats several common injuries and diseases affecting children.
Types of Processes Followed by a Paediatrician
A child doctor performs a wide range of health-related services. These services range from wellness and health screening to management of complicated medical conditions.
Some of the procedures that a child doctor perform are as follows:
- Detecting and treating different medical conditions.
- Evaluating children’s social, physical, and emotional development.
- Providing general health-related advice.
- Conducting physical examinations and giving vaccinations.
- Treating several injuries such as fractures and dislocations.
- Suggesting medications like antibiotics and pain relievers.
Where to Find a Paediatrician?
You can easily consult a paediatrician online using the Apollo 24|7 app or website. The online healthcare platform aims to connect you to the best child specialists who can help you manage and treat various medical conditions among children. Book an appointment from the comfort of your home and get an online consultation using the Apollo 24|7 app or website.
- •Best Paediatricians in Bengaluru
- •Best Paediatricians in Hyderabad
- •Best Paediatricians in Chennai
- •Best Paediatricians in Mumbai
- •Best Paediatricians in Kolkata
- •Best Paediatricians in Delhi
- •Best Paediatricians in Ahmedabad
- •Best Paediatricians in Noida
- •Best Paediatricians in Guwahati
- •Best Paediatricians in Kanchipuram
- •Best Paediatricians in Lucknow
- •Best Paediatricians in Pune
- •Best Paediatricians in Vadodara
- •Best Paediatricians in Ghaziabad
- •Best Paediatricians in North 24 Parganas
- •Best Paediatricians in Gautam Buddha Nagar
- •Best Paediatricians in Greater Noida
- •Best Paediatricians in Tiruvallur
- •Best Paediatricians in Trichy
- •Best Paediatricians in Bhubaneswar
- •Top Doctors in Hyderabad
- •Top Doctors in Bengaluru
- •Top Doctors in Chennai
- •Top Doctors in Kolkata
- •Top Doctors in Delhi
- •Top Doctors in Bangalore
- •Top Doctors in Mumbai
- •Top Doctors in Pune
- •Top Doctors in Ahmedabad
- •Top Doctors in Visakhapatnam
- •Top Doctors in Lucknow
- •Top Doctors in Ghaziabad
- •Top Doctors in Gurugram
- •Top Doctors in Tiruvallur
- •Top Doctors in Guwahati
- •Top Doctors in Noida
- •Top Doctors in Madurai
- •Top Doctors in North 24 Parganas
- •Top Doctors in Mysore
- •Top Doctors in Bhubaneswar
- •Doctors for Bowel wash
- •Doctors for Care of ostomy and colostomy
- •Doctors for CT Scan Abdomen
- •Doctors for CT Scan Abdomen Tripasic
- •Doctors for CT Scan Brain
- •Doctors for CT Scan Chest
- •Doctors for CT Scan Contrast
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Anglo: Renal/Brain/Neck
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Bronchoscopy
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Guided Biopsy
- •Doctors for CT Scan CT Urography
- •Doctors for CT Scan HRCT Thorax
- •Doctors for CT Scan Joint 3D
- •Doctors for CT Scan Joint: Knee/Shoulder/Wrist - R/L
- •Doctors for CT Scan Neck
- •Doctors for CT Scan Orbit
- •Doctors for CT Scan Pelvis
- •Doctors for CT Scan PNS
- •Doctors for CT Scan Spine: Cervical/Dorsal/Lumbar
- •Doctors for CT Scan Temporal Bone
- •Treatment for Adhd
- •Treatment for Acute Diarrhea Treatment
- •Treatment for Adolescent Medicine
- •Treatment for Coronavirus Symptom
- •Treatment for Covid
- •Treatment for Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- •Treatment for Abnormal Behavior
- •Treatment for Acid Peptic Disorders
- •Treatment for Acne Scars
- •Treatment for Actinomycosis
- •Treatment for Acute Diarrhea
- •Treatment for Acute Myocardial Infarction
- •Treatment for Acute Pancreatitis
- •Treatment for Adjustment Disorder
- •Treatment for Adolescence To Menopause Care
- •Treatment for Adopted Child Syndrome Treatment
- •Treatment for Affective And Emotional Difficulties
- •Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
- •Treatment for Allergic Reaction
- •Treatment for Anger Control
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a pediatrician?
Pediatricians are doctors who manage the health of your child, including physical, behavior, and mental health issues. They're trained to diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases. Pediatricians have an education that gives them special skills to take care of your child's health. Pediatricians can help diagnose and treat medical conditions in children.
What do pediatricians do?
A pediatrician sees a child many times from birth to age 2 to 5 and once a year. They're also the first person to call whenever the child is sick. A pediatrician does physical examination of children and gives them vaccination. Pediatricians are trained to treat children’s illness, infections, injuries and other health problems. They also provide information about a child's health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs.
How to consult pediatricians online?
To consult a pediatrician online, click on the ‘Online Doctor Consultation’ section on the Apollo 24/7 app or website. Then type ‘Pediatrician’ in the search bar to find a list of pediatricians, along with their consultation timings. Choose one that suits your requirements and click on the ‘Consult’ button to book an appointment with a pediatrician.
Can a pediatrician treat all child-related conditions?
Yes, pediatricians are trained to care for children through their various developmental stages and can treat a wide range of medical problems. Pediatricians can also help children with behavioral and psychiatric problems.
When should I consult a pediatrician?
You can consult a pediatrician if your child has a fever and looks very ill, is unusually drowsy, has other symptoms such as a stiff neck, severe headache, severe sore throat, severe ear pain or repeated vomiting or diarrhea, and has had a seizure.
What do we call a pediatrician in simple words?
Pediatricians are usually referred to as ‘child specialists’ due to their specialization in treating a wide range of medical conditions in children.
Can I consult with pediatricians anytime?
Yes, on Apollo 24/7, you can consult a pediatrician anytime. Our pediatricians are available round-the-clock for online consultations. Just pick your preferred slot and book a consultation.
How do I choose the best pediatrician of India?
Apollo 24/7 has the best pediatricians in India who are available round-the-clock to offer you an online consultation. All our doctors are highly-qualified and experienced to ensure that all the healthcare needs of your children are taken care of.
Is video consultation available with all pediatricians?
Yes, all pediatricians on the 24/7 platform offer video call consultations.
What is the maximum age of children to visit a paediatrician?
Paediatricians treat patients right from birth up to the age of 18 years.
Are paediatricians and general physicians the same?
No. Paediatricians treat the conditions related to children while general physicians are concerned with the treatment of conditions in adults. The focus of paediatricians is to provide medical care to infants, children, and adolescents.
Do paediatricians perform surgery?
Though paediatricians can perform surgeries, they usually stick to non-surgical procedures to treat children. If a child is diagnosed with a medical condition that requires surgery, the paediatrician may refer the child to a paediatric surgeon who is a specialist in performing surgeries.