Dr. Amitabha Ghosh is one of the best neurologists in Kolkata with around three decades of experience. He specialises in epilepsy, vascular brain diseases, electroencephalogram, Parkinson's Disease, and Vagus Nerve Stimulation. His other areas of interest are frontotemporal dementia, memory disorders and other disorders of cognition like Alzheimer's Disease, and stroke.
This highly qualified doctor has received several prestigious awards such as the Best Audit Award in the Northwest of England Ophthalmology Audit Meeting, United Kingdom (2000), National Science Talent Search Scholarship from the Government of India and Silver Casket in Pathology and Microbiology.
Dr. Amitabha is an examiner for MRCP (UK) Part 2 Clinical Examination(Paces) and peer reviewer for several international journals on neurology. He is also a Task force member of the Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI) in the Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi.
1. Registrar (Neurology) at Manchester Royal Infirmary and North Manchester General Hospital, United Kingdom (1996 - 1997)
2. Specialist Registrar (Neurology at Hope Hospital, Salford and Manchester Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom (1997-2000)
3. Research Registrar and Hon. SpR (Neurology) at Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, United Kingdom (2000)
4. Specialist Registrar (Neurology) at Greater Manchester Neurosciences Centre, Hope Hospital, Salford, United Kingdom (2000-2001)
5. Consultant Neurologist at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, United Kingdom (2001-2002)
How can I take an appointment with Dr Amitabha Ghosh ?
To book an online appointment with Dr Amitabha Ghosh, you can visit the app/website of Apollo 24/7, search for Dr Amitabha Ghosh name, and click on the ‘Consult’ button. Once you make the payment and confirm the consultation, your online appointment will be booked for the chosen appointment time.
Where does Dr Amitabha Ghosh practice?
Dr Amitabha Ghosh offers online consultations on our web platform Apollo 24/7 and Apollo 24/7 App. Also, available for physical consultations at the following locations: Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals , Kolkata,Kolkata
What is the educational qualification of Dr Amitabha Ghosh ?
Dr Amitabha Ghosh is a Neurologist with over 28 Yrs. years of experience and has the following qualifications -MBBS, MD, MRCP, CCST (Neuro), FRCP, FRCP
What languages can Dr Amitabha Ghosh speak?
Dr Amitabha Ghosh can speak English, Hindi, Bengali.
Why do patients visit Dr Amitabha Ghosh?
Patients visit Dr Amitabha Ghosh for Neurology related problems. To see more reasons visit the doctor's profile on Apollo 24|7.