Dr. Geetha Lakshmipathy is a Neurologist working at Apollo Hospitals Greams Road, Chennai. She has 34 years of experience in her field. She has done her MBBS, MD (General Medicine) and DM (Neurology) from Madras Medical College, Chennai (1973, 1983 and 1989 respectively). Some of the services she provides are Neurological Dysfunction, Neuromuscular Disorders, Brain Aneursym Surgery and Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt.
This highly qualified doctor has presented in various destinations throughout her career including presenting a paper on stroke (CVA) at the Silver Jubilee Annual Conference of Women Doctors Association held at Chennai (16/12/2001), Chaired a session in the symposium ‘The Frontiers of Dementia care and Research’ (29/09/2007) and she was on the Expert Panel for SHINE 2010 (South India Clinical Neurology Contest) in Chennai (02/05/2010).
1. Full Time Senior Consultant in Neurology at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai-600006 (01/06/2008- till date)
2. Visiting and part time Senior Consultant at Apollo First Med Hospital, Chennai (2005- 2015)
3. Consultation at her clinic, Chennai Neuro Centre, 10 East Street Kilpauk Garden Colony, Chennai – 600010 in the evening hours
4. Professor of Neurology and Head of Department in the Institute of Neurology at Madras Medical college and Government General Hospital, Chennai – 600003 (1976- 2008) (Retired on Superannuation)
5. She has 10 years undergraduate and 30 years post-graduate teaching experience. Her job as Professor of Neurology and HOD in the Institute of Neurology at Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital involved clinical, academic, research and administrative work.
6. Organised and conducted several orations, endowment lectures and guest lectures by eminent Neurologists from India and abroad.
7. As HOD in the Institute of Neurology, she computerised the Epilepsy Clinic at the Government General Hospital which made life easier for hundreds of Epilepsy patients and also initiated action for starting a Neuro Critical Care Ward and a Stroke Ward which are now functional.
8. She was part of the committee set up to formulate the procedure for Brain Death Certification by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
How can I take an appointment with Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy ?
To book an online appointment with Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy, you can visit the app/website of Apollo 24/7, search for Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy name, and click on the ‘Consult’ button. Once you make the payment and confirm the consultation, your online appointment will be booked for the chosen appointment time.
Where does Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy practice?
Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy offers online consultations on our web platform Apollo 24/7 and Apollo 24/7 App. Also, available for physical consultations at the following locations: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road,Chennai
What is the educational qualification of Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy ?
Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy is a Neurologist with over 34 Yrs. years of experience and has the following qualifications -MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Neuro)
What languages can Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy speak?
Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy can speak English, Hindi, Tamil.
Why do patients visit Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy?
Patients visit Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy for Neurology related problems. To see more reasons visit the doctor's profile on Apollo 24|7.