- He completed his post-graduate training in surgery from the Jawaharlal Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry and he currently works as a full-time consultant in the surgical oncology service of Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Trichur, Kerala, India.
- He has a special interest in gastrointestinal surgery and specifically surgical management of colorectal malignancies. He performs all routine colorectal surgeries and am conversant with procedures that utilize stapling devices for preservation of sphincter function, low and & anterior resections.
- He has experience of managing the complications and morbidity related issues associated with these therapies.
- He has assisted laparoscopic colorectal surgeries, but do not perform them routinely or independently.
- He also has ample experience in the field of head and neck surgery.
- He performs resections, nodal dissection and pedicled flap reconstructions following head and neck resections and is well versed in postoperative rehabilitation of such patients.
- His experience in Gyneacological malignancies extends to radical hysterectomies, pelvic nodal dissections and cytoreductive procedures for ovarian malignancies.
- Audit experience; The department has a fortnightly audit system which attempts to integrate the five unfavourable events into the analysis, i.e. morbidity and mortality (30 day, surgical and & 39;non-surgical and 39 deviation from institute protocol, deviation from planned procedure and analysis of sub-optimal resection in pathological reports.
- He had a major role in setting up this particular system and it has indeed helped him to perform better as a surgeon
- Administrative Experience; he has a good experience with the logistics and finance management related to conference and workshop organization.
- He was the organizing secretary of a two - day conference on recent advances in breast cancer management held in October 2014 coinciding with the breast cancer awareness month. He is also actively involved in the procurement and management of finances for the annual Cancer Survivors Days.
How can I take an appointment with Dr Hari Kumar Unni ?
To book an online appointment with Dr Hari Kumar Unni, you can visit the app/website of Apollo 24/7, search for Dr Hari Kumar Unni name, and click on the ‘Consult’ button. Once you make the payment and confirm the consultation, your online appointment will be booked for the chosen appointment time.
Where does Dr Hari Kumar Unni practice?
Dr Hari Kumar Unni offers online consultations on our web platform Apollo 24/7 and Apollo 24/7 App. Also, available for physical consultations at the following locations: Apollo Hospitals Karukutty,Ernakulam
What is the educational qualification of Dr Hari Kumar Unni ?
Dr Hari Kumar Unni is a Surgical Oncologist with over 16 Yrs. years of experience and has the following qualifications -MBBS, MS, DNB
What languages can Dr Hari Kumar Unni speak?
Dr Hari Kumar Unni can speak English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam.