Dr. Lekh Ram Sharma is a renowned Internal Medicine Physician. He currently works at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi. He has 38 years of experience in his field of expertise. He formerly worked in the Armed Forces as a Medical Specialist (Internal Medicine). He has also proudly worked with the United Nations on a mission in Somalia (East Africa) where the Indian hospital performed its task with distinction and successful interaction with Medical Personnel of more than 30 participating countries. Some of his special interests include Diabetes, Clinical Cardiology and Tropical and Travel Medicine.
Dr. Lekh Sharma has been awarded the "Vishisht Seva" Medal by the President of India (2006) and he has been awarded the Sena Medal (2010) as a result of all his accomplishments in his career. He is also a life member of the Association of Physicians of India.
1. As Regimental Medical Officer looking after the health of troops (10/1977- 12/1980)
2. Postgraduate Trainee in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (12/1980- 12/1982)
3. Graded & Classified Specialist in medicine in various military hospitals (01/1983- 08/1993)
4. United Nations mission in Somalia (East Africa) where the Indian hospital performed its task with distinction and successful interaction with Medical Personnel of more than 30 participating countries (09/1993- 12/1994)
5. Classified Specialist in Medicine in busy military hospitals (01/1995- 12/2000)
6. Joint Director in Office of Director General at Armed Forces Medical Services (01/2001- 11/2002)
7. Senior Advisor and HoD (Medicine) Base Hospital Delhi Cantt and Base Hospital Srinagar (11/2002- 06/2008)
8. Awarded “VISHISHT SEVE MEDAL” by the President of India and General Officer-Commanding-in-Chief commendation for distinguished service of highest order.
9. Commandant & Professor of Medicine (Army Hospital (Research & Referral) medicine faculty) and Personal Physician to Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Naval Staff at Armed Forces Clinic, Dalhousie Road, New Delhi (07/2008- 8/2010)
10. Awarded “SENA MEDAL” by the President of India for distinguished service of exceptional order.
11. Additional Director General at Armed Forces Medical Services (Equipment and Stores) and Office of Director General at Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), ‘M’ Block, New Delhi (Responsible for modernization of all the hospitals of Armed Forces Medical Services and procurement of medical stores both expendable and non expendables including supply chain management of the medical stores in the Armed Forces) (07/2010- 07/2012)
12. Major General (Medical) and Senior Consultant (Medicine) at HQ Western Command, Chandimandir (Responsible for technical and administrative control, training and quality assurance of healthcare delivery services in 18 hospitals including 20 field hospitals and super specialty hospitals) (08/2012- 31/08/2013)
13. Senior Consultant (Internal Medicine) at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi (till date)
How can I take an appointment with Dr Lekh Sharma ?
To book an online appointment with Dr Lekh Sharma, you can visit the app/website of Apollo 24/7, search for Dr Lekh Sharma name, and click on the ‘Consult’ button. Once you make the payment and confirm the consultation, your online appointment will be booked for the chosen appointment time.
Where does Dr Lekh Sharma practice?
Dr Lekh Sharma offers online consultations on our web platform Apollo 24/7 and Apollo 24/7 App. Also, available for physical consultations at the following locations: Apollo Hospitals Indraprastha,South Delhi
What is the educational qualification of Dr Lekh Sharma ?
Dr Lekh Sharma is a General Physician/ Internal Medicine Specialist with over 38 Yrs. years of experience and has the following qualifications -MBBS, MD (Med.)
What languages can Dr Lekh Sharma speak?
Dr Lekh Sharma can speak English, Hindi.